Saturday, December 11, 2010

Vietnam Trip ' 10!

Day 1- We're setting off to Vietnam!



Setting off to the airport!



Finally collected my flight ticket and we're all ready to set off to vietnam!


Had a Eclair on the plane.


Watched " Knight and day " on the airplane.
It was a Tom Cruise movie, action and comedy .
I was quite surprised that there are televisions on vietnam airline and the food served was not bad too.

After four hours of flight, we have finally reached vietnam .
The sun is about to set and the sky turned dark at only 6pm, 7pm in sg thou.
We collected our luggages and greeted our tour guide.
It was a private tour thou with only 4 of us and therefore I don't think we must follow the itinerary which was much better (:

Got to know a bit of the tour guide and I was seriously shocked that he have american accent, which is like soooo cool !
so he actually got teached by an australian english teacher, so yeah (:

Before we check in to the hotel, we went for dinner .

The restaurant with a huge pond in the middle .

There's no need for us to order our food, it's all in set menu, almost all the meals we had there are like that or either it's buffet.







Was too hungry so I didn't took many pictures of the food.
The dinner in the restaurant is not bad but SG's food is of course better ! (:

With our stomach bloated, now it's the time to check in to the hotel.
It was kinda a small hotel called viet hotel.
The lobby was sooo small and there's only 1 receptionist and 1 bellboy.
What can I expect, haha!


BUT AT LEAST, it's clean enough (:

There's even a balcony but opposite is a isolated house which was kinda eerie.

and did I mentioned that the hotel is located at the side of a road with many cars and motorbikes?

And there's no end to the honking, -.-
THIS IS HORRIBLE.

It was only 8pm so it's not the time to sleep, we went out to explore the area ourselves.

It's some water tank left during the french war, which it's kinda old but of course, it's renovated!


some street stalls selling all kind of things but no way I'm gonna buy anything >:

Walked around the streets in the cooling air , OH i mean polluted cooling air until we decided to go back to the hotel since we're afraid of getting lost there.

The night was terrible, what can I say?!
Look, I'm trying to turn in at 11pm going to midnight and there's some idiots honking below, it's just like "Hey I'm trying to sleep!", *honks*.
Can you feel how irritating and miserable my night was now ):

But somehow, I slept for only 5 pathetic hours -.-
Now, in 7 or 8 am in the morning, there's STILL honking, don't they actually sleep .
Worse of all, there's some kind of morning announcement which is really really loud, THERE'S NO PEACE AT ALL. Grrrrrrrr!

FINE, another 3 and a half days more! I shall say sayonara to motorbikes .

there's like a million here. -.-

Day 2 - Greatest fright .

Had our breakfast at the cafeteria in the hotel.
It's a buffet but the food is really limited however I still enjoyed the breakfast especially the pho ga which is a vietnamnese noodle with thin slices of white chicken meat.

We set off according to our itinerary, first pottery village, second temple, third museum .
OH think of it, it's just boring :O


On our way. This is a grass patch with a red star on it.
Their country flag symbol is a star, so yeah .

The pottery village.




After some walking we have finally reached the temple and I kinda understand some history of vietnam when I'm not really paying attention to the talking .



Right, tour guide.

We then proceeded to the museum after a cooling yoghurt .


Ain't this cool?



Aircraft! HELICOPTERS!

Afterwards, we went to another temple, sighhh.

at least there's a lake view which is preetty and many wedding couple take their wedding photos there.

We walked a big round to the old quarter and my legs were already sooooo tired.
It felt like it is gonna break anytime ):

But we still continued walking .
We slowly walked down the old quarter, sight seeing their life and so on.
BUT, the idiot tour guide he walked so fast that my parents can't catch up although I can .
Suddenly I turned back and poof, where's my sister and parents D:

This is the moment that I can't make up a decision .
It's just 1 second that passed but it felt like an hour .
I chose to find my parents and when I looked back the tour guide is gone too .
OMG, OMFG, now i'm officially lost . IN SOMEWHERE THAT I DON'T EVEN KNOW, THIS SUCKS !!
Should I run back at least I can catch up with the tour guide? My answer was NO .
I slowly walked down the street, trying to look for a familiar face but none, NONE OF THEM.
I took out my phone and quickly dial my parent's number forgetting that there's NO WAY that I can contact them .
SUDDENLY just so sudden, I saw a familiar bag, it was my sister's bag !
Oh good grief, YES!! PHEW, I WANNA CRY ):

There's no way I'm gonna walked fast to catch up with the tour guide without my family anymore! AND YES, the tour guide finally know how scary it was to lost your tour in the midst.
curse and swear the tour guide!

It's already 5pm in the evening and now it's time for some water puppet show .
Knowing that we get to sit down in air conditioned room makes me sooo happy after a long walk.




The camera's battery is flat and we're sitting at the last row so yeah, kinda fail photos.

After the water puppet show we went for dinner and ...
MASSAGE! SHIOK to the max !

It was kinda awkward thou, you know why ~
I went to the steambath and it's friggin hot, I WANNA GET OUT .
Started to sing inside for like 10 minutes to overcome the hotness. :P

TO BE HONEST, the massage is good, so good!
If only the person can do it a little harder that woulda be the best!

Feeling energetic, I went back to the hotel and had a great bath! :D
But it's still another sleepless night ):

Day 3- OH SO HISTORY.

Today is the day for us to explore the ho chi minh mausoleum .



WOW, I can't even open my eyes and smile .
The wind is so strong, it's sooooo cold !!
If I'm not wrong, thang long means flying dragon.


Look at all the squinted eyes, HAHHA! hilarious!


The guards protecting the place.



PEACOCKS with feather spread out :D


After touring around the mausoleum, we went for lunch and took 3 long hours driving to halong, another city and soon we fell asleep in the car.

On the way there, we saw some small booth selling pineapples and decided to try .

It's so tiny!! The smallest pineapples I have ever seen and ate .


So after the refreshing tiny pineapples, we continue with our journey.

Finally we reached our hotel in halong and went for dinner .
And it was only 7pm after dinner.
The hotel is right in the middle of nowhere and there's no convenient shop or anything .
WELL, we went back to the hotel and watched national geography in the hotel room with some warm coffee with cookies. (:

AT LAST, I had some great sleep in vietnam .
Halong is quiet (:

I shall stop posting pictures if you really wanna see ..
please click here and here, sorry I'm currently in a rush to my grandma house.
I will continue this post and the handwrite challenge tomorrow since there's no internet connection there and I'm afraid that I would be staying there until midnight .
Sigh~

Catch with ya some other time !
CYA!!

To be continue ~

No comments: