Wednesday, December 11, 2013

NOCTURNAL / Get-together date with my girls

As promised, i'd like to share a bit on myself, so I've decided to reinforce on one controversial teens topic " sleeping habits". Kids of the 21st century hardly sleep correctly and that's because 24 hours to us is just not sufficient. Until you feel the pain, that's when you know it's not a joke anymore. 

Typing an entry daily, regularly has become arduous (not in any bad means) and tough for me, and why is that so? I'm not saying that blogging is a commitment and obligatory subject. It's just that even when I want to, I can't, because my mind functions best at night, but that's when I feel the most awake to do other stuff. The past one and a half month, I've become a hybrid of a sloth and owl. No, I don't wanna know how that'd looked like. Basically, it's not easy to sleep like a normal human being and wake up like one too. Sleeping issue conking in my head and body clock screwing upside down, you're lucky if you haven't been there yet. It's probably a phase of life where sleeping on time is not compulsory and essential anymore. We've all been there, done that. Or maybe it's just me? Nowadays my sleeping issue has become really bad, not much that I could say that I'm controlling it well. It has turn to the point that sleeping in the dark, like complete blackness, were not realistic anymore. Nocturnal, yeah I'm nocturnal.


And to be honest, it's not something you can change it by thinking you can or saying it's possible. Because your body just says "NO" to sleeping. Like the saying goes " the night is still young ", the night is my life right now. How bad does it get? I don't know. But right now, all I know is that I sleep when the sun rise, in clear days and wake up in mid afternoon or worst, evening. There seems to be a surge of energy and activeness in me when it turns dark. And morning isn't what I see anymore. They doesn't exist in my life, for now. Let just say that I'm not sleeping to see the sun rise alright? Btw, it's a beautiful sight if you haven't tried watching the sun rise in clear clouded fine sky.



When a term is called an issue, that would meant it's a problem and has impacts to someone. This sleeping issue has definitely taken a toll on my health and sometimes I feel as though I'm living in the states. Almost as if I'm incurring and suffering from jet-lag in a place I've lived for years. Strange. The fact that I can't wake up in standard hours, affects my eating habit as well. I wake up to the grey-like skies and do not feel a tad hungry. Then the clock struck seven to nine, it just feels right to eat dinner (when it's actually my three in one meal of the day). At two, three in the morning, I had supper which is not quite healthy and stayed for few hours till dawn until I'm fully digested and head to bed in bright lights. That is me, for the past one and a half month. 

I've decided to share about this issue because yesterday, that very fateful day, I suffered too much to deny about my unsatisfactory and unacceptable habit that can be destructive and a grave mistake if I continued. Please read on to find out more.

___________________________________________________________

Get-together date with my girls (20 tag challenges)

It's been almost weeks since I last met these busy girls. Movie, we suggested. Definitely a good way to have some well-spent time together. The discussion was a bit disastrous at first, but I shall not contribute more by discussing it here. Anyhow, we've planned to watch Frozen, by waltz Disney at 7pm in cineleisure yesterday. 

However, yesterday was a rough day for me. How so? It was the day when my tummy decides to teach me a lesson for not taking appropriate meals. Never did I not sleep soundly for months already, and the pain surged in like a rocket launched in me. I woke up more than five times, running to the toilet, drinking water, having the urge to vomit. That was the harsh punishment I deserved. I slept at 6am and only had intervals to rest until the pain came back to torture me again. Had some herbal medicine and couldn't care less to realize the time, "I JUST WANT TO SLEEP!". That was it. I woke up to the shock of my life, in much realization that it was 5.15PM. Was supposedly to meet them girls at 6pm and the pain still hasn't seize. Torturous days, reminding me how bad it gets when girls are at their week of the month. 

So I rushed on to get prepared and besides, I live in tampines which is an hour journey to town. On second thought, I wanted to give up and forget about the date. Then again, it's so rare to meet them now and furthermore, they bought the tickets already.  
Sometimes, responsibility surpass your needs  

Please sleep regularly now, or at least eat properly.


Let me rant a little here. 
You know how there are so many adolescent, asking  demanding  for donations nowadays. They are everywhere. And the purpose of donation is an act of kindness and willingness of an individual. You don't go around and expect an exact amount to receive. We are humans too, we earn for a living too, we can or don't donate, that's our rights. You don't come up and demand a certain amount, especially if they are like $10, how do you want someone to believe they are donating for a good cause. Please learn to have some humility before you try to psycho with a bunch of words to persuade for an exact donation amount. Otherwise I'd be like, 

   

It's plain rude. I'd call it fraud than charity. 
Please keep in mind that charity; the voluntary giving of help, typically in the form of money, to those in need , I do not need oxford to explain this perhaps. Which is in other word, an act of one's free will. I thought this issue has to be discussed because they are populating, in a country as small like Singapore.
my best impression for this out-of-hand issue, an eye roll and "ugh" face. 
Credits to the forever genuinely annoyed Simon Cowell.






MOVING ON

FROZEN @ CATHAY 9/10

Great  and humorous story plot, interesting distinct character personality, deep feeling portrayed, fresh and catching musical display. 
Definitely one of those movie I'd tell myself to watch again. 

I love how simple the story is, but how much greater than simple the meaning holds. From my own perspective, I'd say that this movie is focused on the deep bonds of siblings and creation and knowledge of true love. ahhh, so much feels.


Let me give a little insight of the plot and details of the movie. (no spoilers intended)
Basically, when it comes to "disney" you think of princess. But that's not all, the prestige family holds a great secret to not reveal in fear of total destruction to their kingdom. Obviously, the secret did not last and that's when the real adventure starts. The addition of a musical-like movie gave me a better impression like "Lion King" which is still stuck in my head till today. 

Besides all that amazing features, you cannot ignore the wonderful character personality. They were all portrayed so significant and detailed, that somehow you understand them, and can put yourself in their shoes. The plot twist were also great even though they might be a tad too predictable, but the fact that it was supposedly a movie for children (perhaps?). 


Overall, a worth paying for movie. I never thought I'd actually enjoy this genre of movies. It's not too bad to try something new sometimes. Cheers! 
Some interesting discovery within the movie.
one more cool fact, Demi contributed and sang to the Elsa's song Let it go.

After the movie, we had some time together for a little catching up session. I'd really say that I missed them. 


A mandatory shot to conclude our day together.


song of the day;
Demi Lovato- Let it go
(click on fullscreen for the MV)


Till then, g'day mates! 

Leave comments below on your thoughts of these topics I've discussed!

No comments: